From: Vitaly Kushneriuk <vitaly_kushneriuk@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Ebuild indentation (tabs vs. spaces) fascism ;^)
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 10:35:24
1 On Mon, 2002-04-29 at 20:00, Joachim Blaabjerg wrote:
2 >
3 > Spider wrote:
4 > > now, Does anyone know how to make gpm transfer tabs/spaces ok instead of
5 > > converting all my tabs to spaces? or failing gpm working, getting vim to
6 > > notice gpm broken paste and convert and align nicely?
7 >
8 > I don't know how that would be done, and I agree with mr. McArthur that it is
9 > unlikely to happen. However, you could always use an sed ugly hack once in a
10 > while to convert tabs to spaces.
11 >
12 > sed s/"\t"/\ \ \ \ /g source-tabs.c > source-spaces.c
13 >
14 > It works here, but I realise it's _far_ from a solution (and ugly as hell).
15 > Just replace the number of escaped spaces to suit your needs.
16 This will be _very_ ugly for tabs that are not at the beginning of the
17 line. i.e. when tab should expand to a _less_ then 8/4 spaces, as it
18 starts not at a tabstop position.