From: Kevin Lacquement <klac@××××.ca>
To: Brian Jackson <iggy@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP #15 - a gentoo script repository.
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 18:23:11
1 Brian Jackson said:
2 > On Wednesday 15 October 2003 10:57 am, Kurt Lieber wrote:
3 >> * "A scripts@g.o email alias would be setup and forwarded to the
4 >> team that will accept and publish these scripts to the website."
5 >>
6 >> Who is this team? This needs to be in place and functioning before
7 >> this
8 >> GLEP can be approved.
9 >
10 > Well, so far I have about 4 people who are interested in working on this,
11 > and
12 > I'm sure more will raise their hands.
13
14 * raises hand *
15
16 >> Specifically, the user contributed notes at the bottom. IMO, I think
17 >> this is the perfect interface for a scripts.gentoo.org type
18 >> application.
19 >
20 > that sounds like a good plan, I'll look and see if I can find the code for
21 > it,
22 > and see if there is anything I can steal, I mean borrow.
23
24 That shouldn't be too hard to find, as a lot of sites seem to have them.
25 If you can't find one, it also shouldn't be too hard to program, as an
26 unthreaded discussion (single DB table, probably)
30 >> * Who all is going to build this? The folks behind the
31 >> scripts@g.o
32 >> alias? Someone else?
33 >
34 > I haven't found a web programmer yet, so I'll probably do the rough draft
35
36 I'm a web programmer; what languages can you support? I'm good for PHP
37 and JSP, although I don't have publicly-available pages in either.
38
39 --Kevin
42 > --Iggy
45 >> --kurt