From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC Package name additions
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 01:29:13
1 On Friday 16 March 2007, Miroslav Šulc (fordfrog) wrote:
2 > Just a note to this. I'm co-maintainer of netbeans ebuild. Netbeans does
3 > milestone releases. These are pretty stable and usable since milestone 7
4 > of netbeans 6.0 with many new features that make sense to use the
5 > milestone releases. I have to name the ebuilds netbeans-6.0_alpha7 etc.
6 > though I was assured by mkt guy from Sun it is not yet alpha quality. It
7 > would be fair to the upstream and to users to not use _alpha because it
8 > is not alpha but there's no appropriate choice available.
9
10 i would use _p# over _alpha#
11 -mike