From: "Philippe Lafoucrière" <lafou@×××××××.fr>
To: Gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] New ebuilds
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 09:51:47
1 hey devs
2 Don't kill me too soon... but I really find the way to post new ebuilds
3 too complicated. I went to bugs.gentoo.org, and got a :
4
5 "The 'bug number' is invalid. It is neither a bug number nor an alias
6 to a bug number. If you are trying to use QuickSearch, you need to
7 enable JavaScript in your browser. To help us fix this limitation, add
8 your comments to bug 70907."
9
10 Of course, javascript is enable on my Mozilla Firebird :(
11
12 then, I expect nobody is working on the same ebuild as me (a python
13 module to do some fuzzy logic...).
14
15 It's really hard to add the new ebuild. I had to go through the maze of
16 bugs.gentoo.org. There's no REAL place to add them (no category for new
17 ebuilds). This part is really "fuzzy" too in
18 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/gentoo-howto.xml with just a link to
19 bugs.gentoo.org.
20
21 I think this should be really simpler, with maybe a new web repository
22 to upload ebuilds (I know, bugs.gentoo.org is one, but it's too heavy).
28 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list