From: Seemant Kulleen <seemant@g.o>
To: Stewart Honsberger <blkdeath@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ProFTPD
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 08:43:13
1 On Fri, 2004-01-23 at 23:40, Stewart Honsberger wrote:
2 > Hello all;
3 >
4 > I've just marked ProFTPD 1.2.9 stable which fixes things like memory
5 > leaks, segfaults, config file shennanigans and a security bug or two
6 > (update!!! :) ) and barring any problems plan on removing the stagnant
7 > ebuilds and their spaghettiwork of patches from the tree (starting with
8 > the 1.2.9 release candidates).
9 >
10 > A couple of questions before I do so;
11 >
12 > How many people are still using 1.2.5? Should that ebuild remain, or
13 > should I remove all but 1.2.7-9?
14
15 Wasn't there a security issue for ProFTPd anyway? I thought I saw one
16 arrive to security@gentoo recently on the bug tracker. Anyway, if
17 whatever version was in there for a month with no bug reports against
18 it, move it to stable and clean out the old ones.
19 --
20 Seemant Kulleen
21 Developer and Project Co-ordinator,
22 Gentoo Linux http://dev.gentoo.org/~seemant
23
24 Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x3458780E
25 Key fingerprint = 23A9 7CB5 9BBB 4F8D 549B 6593 EDA2 65D8 3458 780E