From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: seemant@g.o
Cc: Stewart Honsberger <blkdeath@g.o>, gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ProFTPD
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 09:17:01
1 Stewart,
2 While your in there cleaning house could you please
3 change the export LDFLAGS="-lresolv" to append-ldflags -lresolv
4
5 On Sat, 2004-01-24 at 03:42, Seemant Kulleen wrote:
6 > On Fri, 2004-01-23 at 23:40, Stewart Honsberger wrote:
7 > > Hello all;
8 > >
9 > > I've just marked ProFTPD 1.2.9 stable which fixes things like memory
10 > > leaks, segfaults, config file shennanigans and a security bug or two
11 > > (update!!! :) ) and barring any problems plan on removing the stagnant
12 > > ebuilds and their spaghettiwork of patches from the tree (starting with
13 > > the 1.2.9 release candidates).
14 > >
15 > > A couple of questions before I do so;
16 > >
17 > > How many people are still using 1.2.5? Should that ebuild remain, or
18 > > should I remove all but 1.2.7-9?
19
20 Please flush them all.
23 > Wasn't there a security issue for ProFTPd anyway? I thought I saw one
24 > arrive to security@gentoo recently on the bug tracker. Anyway, if
25 > whatever version was in there for a month with no bug reports against
26 > it, move it to stable and clean out the old ones.
27
28 proftpd-1.2.9_rc2 was the stable version that fixes the known security
29 problems it was marked stable back in Oct I think.
30
31 If new security problems have surfaced then security@g.o should be made
32 aware.
35 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>