From: "Marcelo Góes" <vanquirius@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Beware DESCRIPTION clobbering
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 20:48:48
1 On 2/20/06, Michael Cummings <mcummings@g.o> wrote:
2 > 'given' to us) but if you're (NOT ciaranm, general reply) going to add a
3 > package and then proceed to assign it to a herd, it would be really keen
4 > if you told the herd, or at least took care of the bugs you generated as
5 > a result. Maybe there should be a policy or something about not willy
6 > nilly adding packages to a herd without some sort of exchange. And yes,
7 > unfortunately we catch these things months, even a year later, then
8 > scratch our heads on what happened.
9
10 I agree. Adding a package to a herd is basically the same as adding
11 someone as a package maintainer. If one doesn't belong to the target
12 herd, he/she should drop a line asking first.
13
14 Cheers
17 Marcelo Góes
18 marcelogoes@×××××.com