From: Henrik Brix Andersen <brix@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Beware DESCRIPTION clobbering
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 22:54:24
1 On Mon, Feb 20, 2006 at 05:46:01PM -0300, Marcelo Góes wrote:
2 > I agree. Adding a package to a herd is basically the same as adding
3 > someone as a package maintainer. If one doesn't belong to the target
4 > herd, he/she should drop a line asking first.
5
6 Some developers tend to think that if they just add themselves to the
7 herd as well, someone else from that herd will take care of fixing the
8 bugs in the packages they introduce...
9
10 Unfortunately I see no easy solution to this other than to speak to
11 the common sense of these devs asking them to take the time to
12 actively maintain any packages they add to the tree - or don't add
13 them at all.
14
15 Regards,
16 Brix
17 --
18 Henrik Brix Andersen <brix@g.o>
19 Gentoo Metadistribution | Mobile computing herd