From: Kristian Benoit <kbenoit@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] EAPI
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 19:59:27
1 On the EAPI subject Brian just brought back, I had this idea that we
2 could use the same approch XML took with HTML.
3
4 The ebuild could define which EAPI to use, but instead beiing a version,
5 the EAPI would be an ebuild API definition. The equivalent to the XML's
6 dtd. The ebuild could point to a directory named
7 $PORTDIR/eapi/<eapi-name>/ which would contain a python script named
8 <eapi-name>.py. If not already loaded, that plugable eapi would be
9 loaded before processing the ebuild.
10
11 That way, there is no outdated ebuild format. There is just a default
12 format which is the actual format.
13
14 It could also be an XML defining the ebuild's build sequence and other
15 particularities a group of ebuild could have.
16
17 Kristian
20 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list