From: Norberto Bensa <nbensa@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] QEMU Sick!
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 03:35:16
1 On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 9:28 PM, Mateusz Mierzwinski (me.matheos.org)
2 <mateuszmierzwinski@××.pl> wrote:
3 > Now I'm pissed off!
6 Yeah I know the feeling, but after almost 7 years I'm still using
7 Gentoo. Why? 'Cos it keep my brain working.
8
9 Ubuntu is great, but it does everything on it's own. Then, you loose
10 (lose?) control.
11
12 Ubuntu has -how much?- 100x man power of Gentoo? They're based on
13 Debian, and if that is not enough, a commercial company behind them.
14 Of course you'll get things done that way. They use the work from
15 Debian devs, and money from Canonical. Gentoo is based on... Gentoo :)
16 and AFAIK, no commercial company gives them money to develop Gentoo.
17
18 Ranting will not make things work, so please, calm down and use that
19 energy in something more useful. Report bugs, search patches, post
20 them in bugzilla. Do whatever you think will help Gentoo better.
23 Bye,
24 Norberto