From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] QEMU Sick!
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 05:27:19
1 Norberto Bensa wrote:
2 > On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 9:28 PM, Mateusz Mierzwinski (me.matheos.org)
3 > <mateuszmierzwinski@××.pl> wrote:
4 >
5 >> Now I'm pissed off!
9 > Yeah I know the feeling, but after almost 7 years I'm still using
10 > Gentoo. Why? 'Cos it keep my brain working.
11 >
12 > Ubuntu is great, but it does everything on it's own. Then, you loose
13 > (lose?) control.
14 >
15 > Ubuntu has -how much?- 100x man power of Gentoo? They're based on
16 > Debian, and if that is not enough, a commercial company behind them.
17 > Of course you'll get things done that way. They use the work from
18 > Debian devs, and money from Canonical. Gentoo is based on... Gentoo :)
19 > and AFAIK, no commercial company gives them money to develop Gentoo.
20 >
21 > Ranting will not make things work, so please, calm down and use that
22 > energy in something more useful. Report bugs, search patches, post
23 > them in bugzilla. Do whatever you think will help Gentoo better.
26 > Bye,
27 > Norberto
32 I don't reply on here much so please forgive me this one, and maybe a
33 few more in the future.
34
35 One, Gentoo grows on a person. If you are not willing to try it for at
36 least a couple months and put in the effort to learn it, don't even try
37 it. You are wasting time. Two, I bet there is a easy fix to his
38 problem with regard to the error he posted. Most likely a known one at
39 that. Third, he should try the latest portage that takes care of blocks
40 very well. It may not be stable yet but it has worked so far and I
41 suspect it would work for him as well.
42
43 It's funny how a person can run into one issue and then blame everyone
44 else for them not doing a little research. I also didn't see him post
45 on -user to see if there is a workaround for his problem either. Maybe
46 he needs to try Windoze. O_O
47
48 While I am here, as a user of Gentoo for about 5 years or so, thanks for
49 all the good work. There have been a lot of curves and bumps but ya'll
50 do some super coding to say it lightly! Wish I was filthy rich. I
51 would send all the devs a new rig to play with. Maybe even the MIPS
52 folks too. LOL Just wishing tho. I'm not even sure what a MIPS is tho
53 I suspect they are old.
54
55 Dale
56