From: "Mateusz Mierzwinski (me.matheos.org)" <mateuszmierzwinski@××.pl>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] QEMU Sick!
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 08:19:48
1 Dale pisze:
2 > Norberto Bensa wrote:
3 >> On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 9:28 PM, Mateusz Mierzwinski (me.matheos.org)
4 >> <mateuszmierzwinski@××.pl> wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> Now I'm pissed off!
7 >>>
8 >>>
9 >>
10 >> Yeah I know the feeling, but after almost 7 years I'm still using
11 >> Gentoo. Why? 'Cos it keep my brain working.
12 >>
13 >> Ubuntu is great, but it does everything on it's own. Then, you loose
14 >> (lose?) control.
15 >>
16 >> Ubuntu has -how much?- 100x man power of Gentoo? They're based on
17 >> Debian, and if that is not enough, a commercial company behind them.
18 >> Of course you'll get things done that way. They use the work from
19 >> Debian devs, and money from Canonical. Gentoo is based on... Gentoo :)
20 >> and AFAIK, no commercial company gives them money to develop Gentoo.
21 >>
22 >> Ranting will not make things work, so please, calm down and use that
23 >> energy in something more useful. Report bugs, search patches, post
24 >> them in bugzilla. Do whatever you think will help Gentoo better.
27 >> Bye,
28 >> Norberto
33 > I don't reply on here much so please forgive me this one, and maybe a
34 > few more in the future.
35 >
36 > One, Gentoo grows on a person. If you are not willing to try it for at
37 > least a couple months and put in the effort to learn it, don't even try
38 > it. You are wasting time. Two, I bet there is a easy fix to his
39 > problem with regard to the error he posted. Most likely a known one at
40 > that. Third, he should try the latest portage that takes care of blocks
41 > very well. It may not be stable yet but it has worked so far and I
42 > suspect it would work for him as well.
43 >
44 > It's funny how a person can run into one issue and then blame everyone
45 > else for them not doing a little research. I also didn't see him post
46 > on -user to see if there is a workaround for his problem either. Maybe
47 > he needs to try Windoze. O_O
48 >
49 > While I am here, as a user of Gentoo for about 5 years or so, thanks for
50 > all the good work. There have been a lot of curves and bumps but ya'll
51 > do some super coding to say it lightly! Wish I was filthy rich. I
52 > would send all the devs a new rig to play with. Maybe even the MIPS
53 > folks too. LOL Just wishing tho. I'm not even sure what a MIPS is tho
54 > I suspect they are old.
55 >
56 > Dale
57 >
59 >
60 > < Dale goes back to his hole now >
63 Ok, You all Say that Gentoo need to be FIXED. I have a question - how
64 OpenGL, SDL, C/C++, Java, Asembler and Pascal programmer can help? I'm
65 sick of something not working (from list or others). That things must work.
69 BTW. Add --disable-gcc-check to Qemu ebuild with some like "noccheck"
70 USE flag - this will work.