From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] QEMU Sick!
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 08:44:34
1 Mateusz Mierzwinski (me.matheos.org) wrote:
2 > Dale pisze:
3 >
4 >> Norberto Bensa wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 9:28 PM, Mateusz Mierzwinski (me.matheos.org)
7 >>> <mateuszmierzwinski@××.pl> wrote:
8 >>>
9 >>>
10 >>>> Now I'm pissed off!
11 >>>>
12 >>>>
13 >>>>
14 >>> Yeah I know the feeling, but after almost 7 years I'm still using
15 >>> Gentoo. Why? 'Cos it keep my brain working.
16 >>>
17 >>> Ubuntu is great, but it does everything on it's own. Then, you loose
18 >>> (lose?) control.
19 >>>
20 >>> Ubuntu has -how much?- 100x man power of Gentoo? They're based on
21 >>> Debian, and if that is not enough, a commercial company behind them.
22 >>> Of course you'll get things done that way. They use the work from
23 >>> Debian devs, and money from Canonical. Gentoo is based on... Gentoo :)
24 >>> and AFAIK, no commercial company gives them money to develop Gentoo.
25 >>>
26 >>> Ranting will not make things work, so please, calm down and use that
27 >>> energy in something more useful. Report bugs, search patches, post
28 >>> them in bugzilla. Do whatever you think will help Gentoo better.
29 >>>
30 >>>
31 >>> Bye,
32 >>> Norberto
33 >>>
34 >>>
35 >>>
36 >>>
37 >> I don't reply on here much so please forgive me this one, and maybe a
38 >> few more in the future.
39 >>
40 >> One, Gentoo grows on a person. If you are not willing to try it for at
41 >> least a couple months and put in the effort to learn it, don't even try
42 >> it. You are wasting time. Two, I bet there is a easy fix to his
43 >> problem with regard to the error he posted. Most likely a known one at
44 >> that. Third, he should try the latest portage that takes care of blocks
45 >> very well. It may not be stable yet but it has worked so far and I
46 >> suspect it would work for him as well.
47 >>
48 >> It's funny how a person can run into one issue and then blame everyone
49 >> else for them not doing a little research. I also didn't see him post
50 >> on -user to see if there is a workaround for his problem either. Maybe
51 >> he needs to try Windoze. O_O
52 >>
53 >> While I am here, as a user of Gentoo for about 5 years or so, thanks for
54 >> all the good work. There have been a lot of curves and bumps but ya'll
55 >> do some super coding to say it lightly! Wish I was filthy rich. I
56 >> would send all the devs a new rig to play with. Maybe even the MIPS
57 >> folks too. LOL Just wishing tho. I'm not even sure what a MIPS is tho
58 >> I suspect they are old.
59 >>
60 >> Dale
61 >>
62 >> :-) :-)
63 >>
64 >> < Dale goes back to his hole now >
68 > Ok, You all Say that Gentoo need to be FIXED. I have a question - how
69 > OpenGL, SDL, C/C++, Java, Asembler and Pascal programmer can help? I'm
70 > sick of something not working (from list or others). That things must work.
74 > BTW. Add --disable-gcc-check to Qemu ebuild with some like "noccheck"
75 > USE flag - this will work.
80 I don't think Gentoo is broke. It may be a wrong setting or something
81 misconfigured on your system but Gentoo works.
82
83 I really think you need to take this to -user tho. This thread really
84 needs to be there instead of on -dev.
85
86 Dale
87