From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
Cc: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>, gentoo-dev@l.g.o, udev-bugs@g.o, systemd <systemd@g.o>, base-system <base-system@g.o>, cardoe@g.o, agk@××××××.com
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Dropping static libs support from cryptsetup and lvm2
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2013 02:03:33
1 On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 07:42:26PM +0000, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
2 > As both a member of base-system, and the lvm2 maintainer, I'm going to
3 > go and look at fixing them, because I'd prefer to keep them available as
4 > static builds.
5
6 Robin,
7
8 I'm curious what the use case for keeping them as static builds is? I
9 would rather see that support dropped as well.
10
11 Udev and kmod upstream do not support static builds so I want
12 to drop that support from our ebuilds.
13
14 Thanks,
15
16 William