From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: epause instead of sleep in ebuilds
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2004 12:23:51
1 On Thursday 02 September 2004 22:03, N. Owen Gunden wrote:
2 > On Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 01:51:15PM -0500, Mike Doty wrote:
3 > > why not have a emerge option, or when you use --pretend to display
4 > > all einfo/warn/errors. before I install a package, I always do a
5 > > emerge -pv first, as I'd imagine most do.
6 >
7 > Some if not most of the warnings and errors only pop up in certain
8 > circumstances (e.g. something about your system means you have to do
9 > additional configuration). So you'd end up with a whole host of
10 > warn/errors that may or may not apply to you.
11
12 It should be possible to have an extra "optional" function in ebuilds that
13 is called allready in the pretend stage, and has the restriction that it
14 must only output warning messages and the like. Of course those messages
15 can be optional.
16
17 Paul
20 Paul de Vrieze