From: "N. Owen Gunden" <ogunden@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: epause instead of sleep in ebuilds
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2004 20:03:58
1 On Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 01:51:15PM -0500, Mike Doty wrote:
2 > why not have a emerge option, or when you use --pretend to display all
3 > einfo/warn/errors. before I install a package, I always do a emerge
4 > -pv first, as I'd imagine most do.
5
6 Some if not most of the warnings and errors only pop up in certain
7 circumstances (e.g. something about your system means you have to do
8 additional configuration). So you'd end up with a whole host of
9 warn/errors that may or may not apply to you.
10
11 - O
14 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list