From: Roy Marples <uberlord@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Nominations Update
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 07:57:47
1 On Mon, 2007-07-23 at 17:38 -0700, Christina Fullam wrote:
2 > Just a reminder about nominations and voting...
3 > If anyone is still interested in running, you have one week left for
4 > nominations.
5 > Most who have accepted havent told us why we should vote for them. While
6 > that information is not required perhaps it should be if we are to make
7 > intelligent votes - sorry this isnt a popularity contest so give us some
8 > content to review.
9
10 I've been nominated, and I've accepted (after bribery of beer :P). I'm
11 also a current Council member.
12
13 I'm not going to tell you why you should vote for me, as I'm not a
14 politician.
15 I'm not going to tell you what I'm going to do if I was voted back in
16 because I don't have a game plan as such.
17
18 And when it comes right down to it, it *is* a popularity contest. Or
19 rather who would you trust the most to make decisions you agree with. So
20 you're really voting for someone like-minded and is probably more
21 eloquent and vocal than yourself.
22
23 I've said my piece. You'll vote for me if you agree with my technical
24 decisions and you find yourself siding with me (even mentally) in the
25 few discussions I take part in on -dev and #-dev.
26
27 Thanks
28
29 Roy