From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Cc: Max Magorsch <arzano@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] We are finally shutting down CVS
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2020 18:31:36
1 On Sun, Dec 27, 2020 at 6:39 AM Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > >>>>> On Sun, 27 Dec 2020, Max Magorsch wrote:
4 >
5 > > To access the old repositories you can use gitweb.gentoo.org instead.
6 > > We have migrated all old cvs repositories to git. All of them are
7 > > available read-only now at [0].
8 >
9 > I've just looked at
10 > https://sources.gentoo.org/archive/cvs/gentoo.git/
11 > and its commit history ends in 2004.
12 >
13 > Can you please reinstate CVS until a more accurate conversion is
14 > available?
15
16 I'm happy to make tarballs available (as discussed in a bunch of
17 places on irc.) Is that sufficient or is there some particular
18 requirement for the CVS protocol specifically?
19
20 -A
23 > Same applies to gentoo-x86 where the git repo misses whole categories.
24 >
25 > Ulrich