From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Cc: Max Magorsch <arzano@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] We are finally shutting down CVS
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2020 19:30:43
1 On Sun, Dec 27, 2020 at 1:31 PM Alec Warner <antarus@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Sun, Dec 27, 2020 at 6:39 AM Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
4 > >
5 > > >>>>> On Sun, 27 Dec 2020, Max Magorsch wrote:
6 > >
7 > > > To access the old repositories you can use gitweb.gentoo.org instead.
8 > > > We have migrated all old cvs repositories to git. All of them are
9 > > > available read-only now at [0].
10 > >
11 > > I've just looked at
12 > > https://sources.gentoo.org/archive/cvs/gentoo.git/
13 > > and its commit history ends in 2004.
14 > >
15 > > Can you please reinstate CVS until a more accurate conversion is
16 > > available?
17 >
18 > I'm happy to make tarballs available (as discussed in a bunch of
19 > places on irc.) Is that sufficient or is there some particular
20 > requirement for the CVS protocol specifically?
23 The conversion tools all just work on a bare repository (RCS
24 files/etc) and don't use any CVS network protocols - you don't need
25 any daemons running.
28 Rich