From: Matthias Langer <mlangc@×××.at>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ML changes
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 22:06:58
1 On Thu, 2007-07-12 at 13:24 -0700, Mike Doty wrote:
2 > All-
3 >
4 > We're going to change the -dev mailing list from completely open to where only
5 > devs can post, but any dev could moderate a non-dev post. devs who moderate in
6 > bad posts will be subject to moderation themselves. in addition the
7 > gentoo-project list will be created to take over what -dev frequently becomes.
8 > there is no requirement to be on this new list.
9 >
10 > This will probably remove the need for -core(everything gets leaked out anyway)
11 > but that's a path to cross later.
12 >
13 > We're voting on this next council meeting so if you have input, now would be
14 > the time.
15 >
16 > --taco
17
18 no offense, but this is one of the worst proposals i've ever read on
19 this list; why? because, one of gentoo's major problems is that it is
20 becoming more and more a toy exclusively for its own developers. by
21 banning non-dev contributors from this list some of you may feel better
22 - but gentoo as a whole will probably suffer. silencing people doesn't
23 make their opinions invalid. what gentoo needs in my opinion is a clear
24 structure, strict and unmistakable rules about what $dev may do and what
25 $dev must not do, and ways to enforce these rules; this, and not
26 moderating or restricting communication channels, would improve the way
27 people are working together.
28
29 as this may be my last post - and it seems to fit in quite nicely - i
30 also want to say:
31
32 gentoo's problem is not that ciaranm is a troll. the problem is that
33 ciaranm is not a troll.
37 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list