From: "M. J. Everitt" <m.j.everitt@×××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: new USE="win32" flag for mingw and prefix/windows support
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2016 18:22:48
1 On 20/04/16 19:17, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > agreed ... we have kernel_Winnt & elibc_Winnt already. i think
3 > those represent a mingw environment (vs a cygwin env).
4 Surely 'winnt' is a somewhat out-of-date and potentially confusing flag?
5 Can't we migrate to a win32 and win64 as pertaining to current/recent
6 architectures, and directly relating to mingw32 and mingw64 or such-like?!
7
8 Sooner or later win32 is going to be EOL (as the operating systems
9 themselves soon will be) ...