From: Tobias Klausmann <klausman@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Code Review Systems Was: [gentoo-dev] Git Migration: launch plan & schedule
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2015 19:14:41
1 Hi!
2
3 On Wed, 08 Jul 2015, Alec Warner wrote:
4
5 > On Wed, Jul 8, 2015 at 11:07 AM, Tobias Klausmann <klausman@g.o>
6 > wrote:
7 >
8 > > tl;dr: Continuous Integration is a neat idea if you have the
9 > > Hardware. The off-mainstream arch teams don't.
10 >
11 > Clearly because we cannot be perfect, we should not even try!
12 > Realistically aside from the major arches none of the other arches have
13 > large userbases. I think quality for the sake of quality is pretty silly;
14 > but if we can improve the quality of arches where hardware is readily
15 > available we should do so (regardless of minority architecture objections.)
16
17 Read what I wrote further down. I explicitly point out that amd64
18 is welcome to do whatever they want regarding CI, but that I
19 suspect that the rift between it and the "lesser" architectures
20 will become wider.
21
22 Regards,
23 Tobias