From: Justin <jlec@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] RESTRICT=parallel for builds that can't be executed in parallel
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 06:46:47
1 On 14/04/10 04:12, Zac Medico wrote:
2 > Hi everyone,
3 >
4 > Should we add a RESTRICT=parallel value for ebuilds that can't be
5 > built at the same time as other ebuilds? Brian says we need it for
6 > things like xorg-server which calls eselect opengl.
7
8 There is at least one other example which benefits from singlular build,
9 atlas libs. They run a benchmark suite to create platform specific
10 headers, which is heavily influenced by the system load. So having
11 RESTRICT=parallel would make the emerge more reliable.
12
13 justin