From: Dan Meltzer <parallelgrapefruit@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] implementation details for GLEP 41
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 23:00:07
1 On 11/19/05, Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Sat, Nov 19, 2005 at 05:44:41PM -0500 or thereabouts, Dan Meltzer wrote:
3 > > Funy, I was just pondering that myself... is authenticated rsync
4 > > really possible?
5 >
6 > Yes, it has its own auth mechanism. We actually use it for some automated
7 > cron jobs that we have.
8 >
9 > > The only downside to this that I can see would be the lack of
10 > > history... FEX an upgraded -rX ebuild breaks something, I could test
11 > > against previous -rX's in turn to find out exactly which broke it, and
12 > > other history like stuff. This may or may not be necessary/helpful,
13 > > hard to say without it having happened :)
14 >
15 > So, can other arch testers please pitch in with their $.02? If we gave you
16 > rsync instead of CVS, would that be sufficient? Or do you need the
17 > revision history, etc. of CVS?
18 >
19 > And, any objections to a ~30 minute delay between CVS<->this solution?
20 30 minutes is much better than 24 hours :)
21 >
22 > --kurt
28 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list