From: Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] implementation details for GLEP 41
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 22:57:21
1 On Sat, Nov 19, 2005 at 05:44:41PM -0500 or thereabouts, Dan Meltzer wrote:
2 > Funy, I was just pondering that myself... is authenticated rsync
3 > really possible?
4
5 Yes, it has its own auth mechanism. We actually use it for some automated
6 cron jobs that we have.
7
8 > The only downside to this that I can see would be the lack of
9 > history... FEX an upgraded -rX ebuild breaks something, I could test
10 > against previous -rX's in turn to find out exactly which broke it, and
11 > other history like stuff. This may or may not be necessary/helpful,
12 > hard to say without it having happened :)
13
14 So, can other arch testers please pitch in with their $.02? If we gave you
15 rsync instead of CVS, would that be sufficient? Or do you need the
16 revision history, etc. of CVS?
17
18 And, any objections to a ~30 minute delay between CVS<->this solution?
19
20 --kurt