From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Project Sunrise resumed
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 23:03:28
1 Stephen P. Becker wrote:
2 > Ok, since the first time around apparently wasn't good enough, how about
3 > this? This project sucks. It takes random ebuilds without enough merit
4 > or demand to even have some team and/or developer within Gentoo pick it
5 > up, and dumps it to a
6 > user-supported-yet-completely-official-break-my-gentoo-style tree that
7 > has to potential to cause all sorts of QA problems. It flies right in
8 > the face of those of us that have strived to educate users not to rice
9 > out their systems with outside-the-tree ebuilds that have not gone
10 > through some sort of arch team and/or maintainer QA before hitting the
11 > tree. There is nothing you or anyone else can say that will make me
12 > think otherwise, and I think it needs to be killed. Now.
13
14 I try to stay out of these types of things, but I have to say that I agree
15 completely.
18 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
19 Gentoo Linux Developer Installer Project
20 --
21 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list