From: Josh Sled <jsled@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] global useflags
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 23:22:43
1 Markus Meier <maekke@g.o> writes:
2 > semantic-desktop: Semantic desktop allows for storage of digital
3 > information and its metadata to allow the user to express his personal
4 > mental models, making all in formation become intuitively accessible
5
6 I find this description pretty content-free and hand-wavy. I usually
7 care to know what the concrete effect of a use flag is, to know if it's
8 something I want to enable, in terms of features provided and the
9 dependencies implied.
10
11 To that end, please allow me to suggest:
12
13 "Cross-KDE support for file metadata indexing via nepomuk and soprano."
14
15 If you don't want to couple the message to those particular packages,
16 then maybe just reference the "NEPOMUK project" instead.
17
18 (Also, I note in passing the existing kde-base/pykde4 use.local.desc has
19 a tyop of "Nemomuk".)
22 ...jsled
23 http://asynchronous.org/ - a=jsled; b=asynchronous.org; echo ${a}@${b}