From: Peter Volkov <pva@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Detecting Baselayout2/OpenRC from init.d scripts (summary of debate and plans from bug 270646)
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 10:56:06
1 В Пнд, 08/06/2009 в 20:54 -0400, Mike Frysinger пишет:
2 > i dont see how that is relevant. we only care about Gentoo here. plus, the
3 > test is: if /sbin/functions.sh exists, it's baselayout-1 (which no one else
4 > outside of Gentoo will be using), otherwise it's openrc. once we toss
5 > baselayout-1, there is no test as everything requires openrc.
6
7 Is there any problem with /etc/openrc-version? Some people already use
8 other service startup/shutdown systems and there are plans to move this
9 work to the tree (e.g. runit, that is in tree, but init scripts still
10 not). So clear check what rc-system is installed will be useful for
11 cases where we need to modify configuration files automatically.
14 Peter.