From: Peter Volkov <pva@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Detecting Baselayout2/OpenRC from init.d scripts (summary of debate and plans from bug 270646)
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 22:44:08
1 On Monday 08 June 2009 10:00:23 Roy Marples wrote:
2 > You would have to ask the VServer team, but my understanding was they
3 > needed to detect version of OpenRC in a container from the host before
4 > the container is started.
5
6 Eh, I lead everybody to astray due to wrong tests results. In reality
7 openvz does not needs this and probably every configuration that needs
8 to find out openrc version outside container or chroot can do things
9 like vzclt (basically chroot() with some magic to execute scripts from
10 host inside container). I haven't checked vserver scripts but they never
11 told they have any problems with this.
12