From: Jaco Kroon <jaco@××××××.za>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] making rust-bin ordered first in virtual/rust
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2022 07:48:22
1 Hi,
2
3 On 2022/01/18 04:58, Ionen Wolkens wrote:
6 > Unsure what I like best, I generally agree should default to sources
7 > but I do see new users complaining about building rust every few days.
8 > Not that the step of telling them that rust-bin exists is that bad
9 > (part of the issue is that they don't know it's an option).
10 >
11 Perhaps output a notice in rust's pkg_setup() that you're using the
12 source version and that it takes a long time to build, and consumes lots
13 of resources and you may want to consider rust-bin?  Possibly with some
14 variable in make.conf or some USE to turn that off?
15
16 Kind Regards,
17 Jaco