From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Bugzilla arch list reordering
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2018 21:53:10
1 W dniu wto, 23.01.2018 o godzinie 21∶44 +0100, użytkownik Thomas
2 Deutschmann napisał:
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > On 2018-01-23 12:46, Michał Górny wrote:
6 > > > I've created a small HTML file with example of how this would look:
7 > > >
8 > > > https://dev.gentoo.org/~mgorny/tmp/cc.html
9 > > >
10 > >
11 > > I've updated the example to include the variant suggested by Dirkjan.
12 > > All arches are order according to the popularity (based on the results
13 > > from his mail), except Prefix which I left at the bottom as a special
14 > > case.
15 >
16 > grobian's variant doesn't work for me:
17 >
18 > When I start stabilization (especially for security bugs) I check
19 > existing keywords via "ekeywords". For many packages I can select
20 > "ALPHA" and scroll down to "Unstable arches", i.e. press and hold SHIFT
21 > key and click "X86". Very easy. Grobian's variant would require to
22 > deselect arm64 for example.
23
24 If arm64 has stable keywords, you are expected to stabilize for it
25 as well.
28 > djc's variant is better than grobian's variant, however I prefer a label
29 > item like current "Unstable arches" which makes it easy for me to spot
30 > the end of the typical list.
31 >
32 > In mgorny's variant I don't understand the differentiation between "exp"
33 > and "~arch". I won't split them to be honest.
34
35 'exp' are arches you are supposed to stabilize for but there are not
36 first tier.
37
38 '~arch' are arches you never stabilize for.
41 Best regards,
42 Michał Górny