From: Thomas Deutschmann <whissi@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Bugzilla arch list reordering
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2018 20:45:15
1 Hi,
2
3 On 2018-01-23 12:46, Michał Górny wrote:
4 >> I've created a small HTML file with example of how this would look:
5 >>
6 >> https://dev.gentoo.org/~mgorny/tmp/cc.html
9 > I've updated the example to include the variant suggested by Dirkjan.
10 > All arches are order according to the popularity (based on the results
11 > from his mail), except Prefix which I left at the bottom as a special
12 > case.
13
14 grobian's variant doesn't work for me:
15
16 When I start stabilization (especially for security bugs) I check
17 existing keywords via "ekeywords". For many packages I can select
18 "ALPHA" and scroll down to "Unstable arches", i.e. press and hold SHIFT
19 key and click "X86". Very easy. Grobian's variant would require to
20 deselect arm64 for example.
21
22 djc's variant is better than grobian's variant, however I prefer a label
23 item like current "Unstable arches" which makes it easy for me to spot
24 the end of the typical list.
25
26 In mgorny's variant I don't understand the differentiation between "exp"
27 and "~arch". I won't split them to be honest.
28
29 Can't we keep current variant, maybe rename "Unstable arches" into
30 "Unstable arches / exp" and just update "Other teams" items?
34 Regards,
35 Thomas Deutschmann / Gentoo Linux Developer
36 C4DD 695F A713 8F24 2AA1 5638 5849 7EE5 1D5D 74A5