From: Matt Thrailkill <xwred1@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [Fwd: [gentoo-core] What Gentoo is all about]
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 09:20:11
1 Or heck, just imagine if you had a server that didn't have an absolute
2 top of the line processor.
3
4 And you wanted to add some package to it ASAP.
5
6 Or there is a GLSA for, say, Apache, and its a nasty remote exploit that
7 is already being used out in the wild. Might be better to install that
8 ASAP from an updated Apache package than to wait a half hour or so to
9 compile just so you can have -O3 -march=whatever.
10