From: Dan Armak <danarmak@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] depmod -e output, plus kdepim results and other questions
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2001 12:11:37
1 > Question 2:
2 > Is there a command to list all the stuff that has been emerged on my box?
3 > Also, is there a fast command to list all the files belonging to a certain
4 > package? I read emerge and ebuild man page, and didn't see anything
5 > similar.
6 Look in /var/db/pkg/, it is the database of installed packages.
7 If you have installed e.g. kde-base/kdepim-2.2.1-r1, you will have a
8 directory /var/db/pkg/kde-base/kdepim-2.2.1-r1/. In there are several files.
9 One is called CONTENTS and is a list of all of all files belonging to this
10 package with their MD5 checksums. There is also a copy of the ebuild used to
11 merge this package, which you can use to unmerge it in case the ebuild is
12 gone from /usr/portage (usually supplanted by a newer version).
16 Dan Armak
17 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team
18 Matan, Israel