From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Changing order of default virtual/udev provider
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2016 16:33:57
1 On 09/02/16 04:09, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > On Mon, Feb 8, 2016 at 7:58 PM, Anthony G. Basile <blueness@g.o> wrote:
3 >>
4 >> what does in-house tool mean? i'm a gentoo developer but i also work
5 >> on an upstream project (eudev) that 14 distros use.
6 >>
7 >> some of the criticism given here are my concerns as well and i've
8 >> spoken with the various distros --- slack, parted magic, puppy. they
9 >> get what's going on and they still see eudev is the best way forward
10 >> for now. it may not be in the future, but neither will a udev
11 >> extracted from a compiled full systemd codebase.
12 >
13 > How many of those 14 distros have more than 14 users?
16 Alpine is quite used as docker image base nowadays... I'd say that alone
17 makes it _quite_ widely used.
18
19 lu