From: Ferry Meyndert <m0rpheus@×××××××××××××.nu>
To: murphy@g.o, Brandon Low <lostlogic@g.o>
Cc: Donny Davies <woodchip@g.o>, gentoo-dev@g.o, gentoo-sparc@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Openssl 0.9.6c on sparc
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2002 11:31:11
1 I dont agree with that. I think software that has a serious problem
2 shouldn't be kept in portage masked or not.
3
4 Ferry (M0rpheus)
5 ----- Original Message -----
6 From: <murphy@g.o>
7 To: "Brandon Low" <lostlogic@g.o>
8 Cc: "Donny Davies" <woodchip@g.o>; <gentoo-dev@g.o>;
9 <gentoo-sparc@g.o>
10 Sent: Friday, July 05, 2002 6:10 PM
11 Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Openssl 0.9.6c on sparc
14 > Hi,
15 >
16 > > That deletion was due to the fact that there are known security holes
17 > > in all versions of ssh prior to 3.4, I discussed with several older
18 wiser
19 >
20 > This is in SSH not SSL right? So can we change the ebuild to use openssl
21 > 0.9.6c instead of 0.9.6d for Sparc?
22 >
23 > > devs before removing, if you need it back, use cvs to restore it, but
24 > > keeping things with known security holes in the portage tree doesn't
25 seem
26 > > like good policy to me :-( Sorry for the inconvenience.
27 >
28 > In general, please don't delete any ebuilds unless you're sure they're not
29 > being used by any platform. There is no need to physically delete an
30 > ebuild to make people upgrade... Portage takes care of this already. Can
31 > you just mask it out in the future?
32 >
33 > thanks!
34 > maarten
37 > gentoo-dev mailing list