From: murphy@g.o
To: Brandon Low <lostlogic@g.o>
Cc: Donny Davies <woodchip@g.o>, gentoo-dev@g.o, gentoo-sparc@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Openssl 0.9.6c on sparc
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2002 11:10:55
1 Hi,
2
3 > That deletion was due to the fact that there are known security holes
4 > in all versions of ssh prior to 3.4, I discussed with several older wiser
5
6 This is in SSH not SSL right? So can we change the ebuild to use openssl
7 0.9.6c instead of 0.9.6d for Sparc?
8
9 > devs before removing, if you need it back, use cvs to restore it, but
10 > keeping things with known security holes in the portage tree doesn't seem
11 > like good policy to me :-( Sorry for the inconvenience.
12
13 In general, please don't delete any ebuilds unless you're sure they're not
14 being used by any platform. There is no need to physically delete an
15 ebuild to make people upgrade... Portage takes care of this already. Can
16 you just mask it out in the future?
17
18 thanks!
19 maarten