From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: Accessibility on our release media
Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 23:15:00
1 On 05/23/2009 05:56 PM, Mounir Lamouri wrote:
2 > William Hubbs wrote:
3 >> [snip]
4 >> My question for the group is, how do you feel about speech software
5 >> being on our minimal cd as well as our live cd?
6 > I agree, it should be in our minimal and live CD's. There is no reason
7 > to consider blind persons out of the minimal CD.
8
9 The real issue here is the size. If these additional packages plus all of the
10 alsa modules add 20MB to the minimal CD, it's just not worth it. It's not
11 "minimal" anymore.
14 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
15 Gentoo Linux Developer Catalyst/Genkernel + Release Engineering Lead