From: Jeff Walter <jeffw@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Package version requiring sse
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2005 18:18:59
1 Yuri Vasilevski wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > On Sat, 06 Aug 2005 20:04:20 +0300
5 > Ivan Yosifov <ivan@×××××××.net> wrote:
8 >>I am not sure if it is better, but you can
9 >>cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep flags | grep sse
10 >>and die if not found.
13 > This will make packages dependant on the build system,
14 > which will create inconsistencies in binary gentoo packages.
15 >
16 > Yuri.
17
18 This is true, and there's no good way around the issue. I had written a small
19 script to actually search for the flag (grep'ing for sse will go true for sse2
20 as well), we I noticed this.
21
22 Will valgrind 3.0.0 ever work on systems without sse? If not, the USE flag
23 might be your best bet.
26 Jeff Walter
27 --
28 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list