From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Package version requiring sse
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 12:57:27
1 On Saturday 06 August 2005 20:18, Jeff Walter wrote:
2 > Yuri Vasilevski wrote:
3 > > Hi,
4 > >
5 > > On Sat, 06 Aug 2005 20:04:20 +0300
6 > >
7 > > Ivan Yosifov <ivan@×××××××.net> wrote:
8 > >>I am not sure if it is better, but you can
9 > >>cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep flags | grep sse
10 > >>and die if not found.
11 > >
12 > > This will make packages dependant on the build system,
13 > > which will create inconsistencies in binary gentoo packages.
14 > >
15 > > Yuri.
16 >
17 > This is true, and there's no good way around the issue. I had written
18 > a small script to actually search for the flag (grep'ing for sse will
19 > go true for sse2 as well), we I noticed this.
20 >
21 > Will valgrind 3.0.0 ever work on systems without sse? If not, the USE
22 > flag might be your best bet.
23
24 Put a check on /proc/cpuinfo in pkg_preinst. This should get executed on
25 the final machine, so not when building binary packages.
26
27 Paul
30 Paul de Vrieze
31 Gentoo Developer