From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Collecting opinions about GLEP 55 and alternatives
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 19:24:25
1 On Fri, 27 Feb 2009 00:46:04 +0530
2 Nirbheek Chauhan <nirbheek@g.o> wrote:
3 > Ah, I thought I might be missing something. Then how about:
4 >
5 > "EAPI must be set in an ebuild as the first non-comment line, such
6 > that bash does not perform any expansions during the assignment, and
7 > thereafter must not be set to a different value"
8
9 Close, but no banana. You've also got to specify that any syntax used
10 up to and including that line has to be bash-3 legal.
11
12 The problem is... If bash-5 introduces multi-line comments or a new
13 assignment syntax, your version doesn't forbid:
14
15 #* Copyright etc
16 more multiline stuff
17 *#
18
19 let EAPI = 3
20
21 Unfortunately, we have to care about these things when doing the formal
22 spec... There're developers who'll pull all kinds of insane crap in the
23 tree...
26 Ciaran McCreesh