From: Nirbheek Chauhan <nirbheek@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Collecting opinions about GLEP 55 and alternatives
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 19:16:08
1 On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 12:26 AM, Ciaran McCreesh
2 <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 > On Fri, 27 Feb 2009 00:17:36 +0530
4 > Nirbheek Chauhan <nirbheek@g.o> wrote:
5 >> Is the following a stricter subset of your wording? --
6 >>
7 >> "EAPI must be set in an ebuild as the first non-comment line, and
8 >> thereafter must not be set to a different value"
9 >
10 > No. With your wording, the following are legal:
11 >
12 >    EAPI=$(echo 1 )
13 >
14 >    EAPI=${PV}
15 >
16 >    EAPI=$( a=() ; a+=3 ; echo ${a[0]} )
19 Ah, I thought I might be missing something. Then how about:
20
21 "EAPI must be set in an ebuild as the first non-comment line, such
22 that bash does not perform any expansions during the assignment, and
23 thereafter must not be set to a different value"
24
25 of course, this is entirely documentation-oriented, and might be
26 bike-sheddery :)
29 ~Nirbheek Chauhan