From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Software patents
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 10:31:59
1 On Tue, 2005-07-05 at 10:09 +0100, twofourtysix wrote:
2 > On 05/07/05, Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o> wrote:
3 > > On Tue, 2005-07-05 at 06:13 +0100, twofourtysix wrote:
4 > > > Mostly, I was hoping that all those people who seem more than happy to
5 > > > advocate something with *words* would be prepared to back them up with
6 > > > *actions*. I think it's a shame that Gentoo is prepared to encourage
7 > > > people to pester their politicians whilst simultaneously refusing to
8 > > > spend a few minutes practising what it preaches.
9 > >
10 > > Ok ... let's remove all software that might violate a european patent.
11 >
12 > Who was talking about removing ebuilds for software just because that
13 > software violates a patent? I certainly wasn't... Strange that I'm
14 > being accused of trolling when I'm not the one with the straw man
15 > arguments.
16
17 Strange that you still have not given your true identity after it being
18 pointed out.
19
20 Strange that some people cannot see that some of us just love working on
21 Gentoo, and do not want it to become yet another Political debacle.
22
23 Strange that the same people cannot fight their own battle, but need to
24 do it under the cover of some group.
25
26 Strange that the same people only wake up now.
27
28 Strange that some people cannot realise that others might have a
29 different point of view, and way of doing things.
33 -core was humorous, but I really do not see why we need to start it all
34 over again due to some nameless person that is too much of a coward to
35 post as himself.
38 Thanks.
41 Martin Schlemmer
42 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop/System Team Developer
43 Cape Town, South Africa