From: twofourtysix <twofourtysix@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Software patents
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 09:13:37
1 On 05/07/05, Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Tue, 2005-07-05 at 06:13 +0100, twofourtysix wrote:
3 > > Mostly, I was hoping that all those people who seem more than happy to
4 > > advocate something with *words* would be prepared to back them up with
5 > > *actions*. I think it's a shame that Gentoo is prepared to encourage
6 > > people to pester their politicians whilst simultaneously refusing to
7 > > spend a few minutes practising what it preaches.
8 >
9 > Ok ... let's remove all software that might violate a european patent.
10
11 Who was talking about removing ebuilds for software just because that
12 software violates a patent? I certainly wasn't... Strange that I'm
13 being accused of trolling when I'm not the one with the straw man
14 arguments.
17 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list