From: Peter Cech <cech@×××××××××.sk>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] digest-* files in portage tree
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 07:43:56
1 On Fri, Mar 25, 2005 at 02:46:05AM +0100, Marius Mauch wrote:
2 > On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 10:42:05 -0500
3 > Aron Griffis <agriffis@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 > > A few mods to portage and it should be possible to give the Manifest
6 > > a structure to contain the digests...
7 >
8 > Yeah, I might reconsider my digest-redesign I sent here a few months ago
9 > if there is actually interest in this.
10
11 Please do. Less files in portage tree -> faster emerge sync and less
12 disk space consumed by portage tree. I don't think anybody will object
13 to this.
14
15 Regards,
16 Peter Cech