From: Daniel Pielmeier <billie@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: packages.g.o: new features available
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2020 05:32:56
1 Am July 8, 2020 2:57:57 AM UTC schrieb Max Magorsch <arzano@g.o>:
2 >Hi all,
3 >
4 >I am glad to announce further progress at packages.gentoo.org (pgo in
5 >the following). Compared to previous work during the last months,
6 >which mostly addressed the back end, the new changes are rather
7 >comprehensive. That's why I am looking forward to feedback here.
8 >
9 >So the tl;dr is that the new pgo version now displays:
10 > - dependencies
11 > - reverse dependencies
12 > - pkgcheck results
13 > - repology.org data
14 > - github pull requests
15 > - stabilization bugs
16 > - keywording bugs
17 > - security bugs
18 > - general bugs
19 >for each package.
20 >
21 >Additionally, there are new sites for all package maintainers, that is:
22 > - Gentoo Projects (e.g. python@g.o)
23 > - Gentoo Developers (e.g. larry@g.o
24 > - Proxied Maintainers (e.g. larry@×××××××.de)
25 >
26 >The maintainer's sites contain:
27 > - all packages of the maintainer
28 > - all outdated packages (according to repology)
29 > - all related pull requests
30 > - all related bugs (general, keywording and stabilization)
31 > - all security bugs
32 > - the changelog of all maintained packages
33 >You will find the new sites under the 'Maintainers' tab.
34 >
35 >The overall appearance of the site has also slightly changed to
36 >display all of the new information.
37 >
38 >Currently, the new version is deployed to:
39 >
40 > https://packagestest.gentoo.org/
41 >
42 >Everyone is welcome to take a look around and tell me whether you
43 >consider the new information as useful for your workflow and/or what
44 >you would still change.
45 >
46 >I'm looking forward to your feedback.
47 >
48 >-M
49
50 Hey Max!
51
52 Thank you very much for your work on p.g.o. I really like it, especially all this nice information for package maintainers.
53
54 One thing I noticed when searching for the packages of a certain maintainer. It always lists some packages first which are not related to that maintainer. I tried a few different searches and this seems to happen all the time. Probably it is due @gentoo.org as all the unrelated packages contain gentoo in their names. However this differs from search to search. Ignoring this false positives the actual matching results seem complete. Omitting the domain also does not work and only lists unrelated packages in my case.
55
56 When navigating to the maintained packages using the maintainer tab the list is correct.
57
58 Just want to let you know and thanks again!
61 Best regards
62 Daniel