From: Corey Shields <cshields@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Email subdomain
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 17:23:25
1 On Saturday 19 November 2005 08:46 am, Thierry Carrez wrote:
2 > Grant Goodyear wrote:
3 > > That's quite an indictment. You've skipped right past the notion that
4 > > perhaps a mistake was made to accuse the Council of cronyism. As
5 > > somebody who's been part of devrel, and thus the recipient of exactly
6 > > that type of response more than once, I would think that you would have
7 > > known (and done) better.
8 >
9 > +1 here.
10 >
11 > Cut the kabbale crap : we felt bad about delaying the GLEP vote for one
12 > more month, and we also felt bad about pushing the decision while some
13 > people already complained that revised version wasn't published soon
14 > enough. The meetings logs are quite clear on this. So we took the median
15 > way, accept that GLEP with those changes nobody complained about, and
16 > create policy so that such things won't happen in the future. Apparently
17 > we were wrong on two accounts :
18
19 Alright, I wasn't trying to call it a cabal but if that's the way you guys see
20 it, yeah, from the outside it looks a bit like that, considering a couple of
21 council members I have talked to didn't have time to catch up on the changes
22 to represent the opposing point of view. If that was a mistake as Grant
23 pointed out, that is fine, but until Grant made that statement nobody else
24 from the inside was considering it a mistake.
25
26 Kurt's latest request attempts to rectify the mistake.
29 Corey Shields
30 Gentoo Linux Infrastructure Team
31 Gentoo Foundation Board of Trustees
32 http://www.gentoo.org/~cshields