From: Thierry Carrez <koon@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Email subdomain
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 16:50:40
1 Grant Goodyear wrote:
2 > Corey Shields wrote: [Fri Nov 18 2005, 10:42:30PM CST]
3 >
4 >>Still screwed up. Lesson learned, make friends with a majority of the
5 >>council, write and propose a glep the day before a meeting and then push it
6 >>through. wow. sounds a lot like American politics.
7 >
8 > That's quite an indictment. You've skipped right past the notion that
9 > perhaps a mistake was made to accuse the Council of cronyism. As
10 > somebody who's been part of devrel, and thus the recipient of exactly
11 > that type of response more than once, I would think that you would have
12 > known (and done) better.
13
14 +1 here.
15
16 Cut the kabbale crap : we felt bad about delaying the GLEP vote for one
17 more month, and we also felt bad about pushing the decision while some
18 people already complained that revised version wasn't published soon
19 enough. The meetings logs are quite clear on this. So we took the median
20 way, accept that GLEP with those changes nobody complained about, and
21 create policy so that such things won't happen in the future. Apparently
22 we were wrong on two accounts :
23
24 - There were people that disagreed with the changes but stayed quiet in
25 their corner, waiting for a revised GLEP to appear to make their
26 comments, and that were caught short by its publication just before the
27 meeting
28
29 - There were people that don't have an opinion on the subject but were
30 watching the council for its first bad step to be able to accuse it of
31 abuse of power or worse
32
33 I won't stand (mostly) alone defending the Council handling of the
34 problem, we were just trying to find the most acceptable solution, which
35 is what we were elected for. Let the vocal minority reverse that
36 decision, I no longer care.
39 Koon
40 --
41 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list