From: Jauhien Piatlicki <jauhien@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Portage dependency solving algorithm (WAS: Regarding my final year thesis)
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2014 18:11:27
1 On 11/07/2014 07:07 PM, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Fri, 07 Nov 2014 10:42:39 +0100
3 > Jauhien Piatlicki <jauhien@g.o> wrote:
4 >> Also may be we need to discuss how can we improve it, as at the moment
5 >> for me it seems one of the biggest problems with Gentoo. And afaik
6 >> paludis does not solve it (or am I wrong?)
7 >
8 > Paludis solves it. However, Paludis will only ever produce a correct
9 > resolution, which can be a problem since ebuild dependencies are
10 > often garbage...
13 Then the same question for you: where can one read about the algorithm
14 Paludis uses?
15
16 And, again, I have herd (did not try myself) that Paludis is as slow as
17 Portage.
20 Jauhien