From: Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: ban EAPI 1
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2015 21:48:29
1 On Thu, 11 Jun 2015 21:55:14 +0200
2 Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
3 > >> From previous ocaml stabilizations, I'd say that I'll have to use
4 > > --force for at least two months before it can be removed. I might
5 > > get bored and alias --force :)
6 >
7 > Unless the commit rate in dev-lang/ocaml (which was a total of five
8 > commits during last year) would raise by at least an order of
9 > magnitude, I'd say that it's not much of a hardship.
10
11 (this depends on upstream release rate mostly)
12
13 > But if you insist, feel free to revert my change to layout.conf until
14 > newer ocaml is stable.
15
16 Nah, may the --force be with you :)
17
18 However, I always saw repoman errors as 'must be fixed before
19 committing'; but in this case, any fix (removal or in place eapi
20 change) is worse than the error itself; that's why I insisted in getting
21 things fixed beforehand. I guess repoman errors are not that important
22 after all.